In addition to concerns about the economy, profit margins, and compliance, employers have added employee retention to their list of worries. In 2017 many companies were hiring at a rate not seen in over a decade. However, as of 2019, the pool of job seekers is much smaller and recruiters are now knocking on your employees’ door.
The best way a company can keep its best employees and improve retention is to adopt employee training tactics that create opportunities for growth and create a positive work environment that bonds a team together.
Review your training and onboarding programs to be sure they include the following:
- Your company’s mission, values, and goals should be a part of your initial employee training/onboarding program.
- Train employees how to succeed in your company. All training programs should be built on a strong understanding of your organizational culture and goals.
- New hires should be paired with mentors, especially during the first 90 days. Utilizing mentors provides your newer employees an opportunity to learn from the best.
- Engage your employees by utilizing their strengths. Let them do what they do best and watch your productivity increase with your profits.
- Create cross-training opportunities for all employee s to grow and provides you with more valuable assets.
- Training should be a fun and interactive experience that motivates and bonds your employees. A great trainer is a facilitator who can bring out the best in each participant.
- Develop a system that rewards employees who exceed expectations
- Schedule regular performance reviews as an opportunity to connect and provide feedback on how the employee is progressing in reaching the companies goals.
If your 2019 To Do List includes Retaining Your Best Employees, we are here to help! CEA’s Training & Development Division can help you check off your list with programs designed to improve your team’s communication, engagement, leadership skills and improve your bottom-line. Check out our training page or call us today to schedule a new training for your team.