California poster and pamphlet updates are like Beyonce, the hits just keep coming! The State of California has updated posters and pamphlets mid-year once again.
As you know, California employers must post state and federal workplace notices, as well as provide certain pamphlets either upon hire, termination, or as needed depending on the pamphlet. If you don’t have your 2018 poster yet, you can still buy it on our web site or you will need to print out a couple of the updates below:
- Mandatory Update! Notice to Employees: Employment Development Department – Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance, Paid Family Leave (DE 1857A).
- Poster Change: California Law Prohibits Workplace Discrimination and Harassment / DFEH-E07P-ENG / formerly DFEH-162 (Department of Fair Employment and Housing).
The EDD also updated two pamphlets, although not required changes, it is a best practice to use the most up to date version:
- For Your Benefit: California’s Programs for the Unemployed (DE 2320). This must be provided to employees upon hire and upon termination of employment.
- This pamphlet was revised in April 2018 and can be downloaded from the EDD’s web site.
- California’s Paid Family Leave (DE 2511). This must be provided to employees upon hire and upon a request for leave.
- This pamphlet was revised in January 2018 and can be downloaded from the EDD’s web site.