Consulting Hours Policy
Associate Membership - This membership provides HR consultation (advice) by telephone and email during regular business hours and access to the CEA website including HR Answers Now. Associate Members do not receive bank hours with their membership, but can have work done above and beyond their membership benefits. When such work is performed it is billed as “excess hours”. Excess hours for Associate Members are billed at a rate of $190/hour.
Premier Membership - A full service membership which provides HR consultation (advice) by telephone, or email during regular business hours and access to the CEA website including HR Answers Now. Plus an allotment of 8 bank hours per anniversary year. Unused bank hours do not carry over from one anniversary year to another. When a Premier member exceeds their bank hours, they are billed at an excess hour rate of $190/hour.
On Line Subscription - This membership provides unlimited access to the CEA website including HR Answers Now. On Line Members do not receive bank hours with their membership, but can have work done above and beyond their membership benefits at the rate of $245/hour.
Billable Hours/Consultation Hours/Bank Hours: Phone calls in excess of 15 minutes may incur a billable charge - be sure to discuss this with your HR Advisor. Billable hours and Premier Member bank hours are used for work which goes above and beyond providing initial consultation advice. Examples of Tier 1 and Tier 2 billable projects are not limited to but would include:
Tier 1 Services billed in 1 hour increments:
- Research on a wage and hour or labor law issue
- Preparation for trainings
- Delivering on-site trainings
- Conducting an HR or an I9 audit
- Customizing webinars and other trainings
- Developing, reviewing or revising an employee handbook or policy
- Employer assisted internal investigations
Tier 2 Services billed in 1.25 hour increments:
- Preparing for representation;
- Providing representation during union negotiations
- Providing representation at Unemployment Insurance Hearings
- Providing representation at Labor Commission (DLSE) Hearings
- Developing responses to DLSE, DFEH and EEOC claims
- Attorney led investigations
- AB1234 attorney led trainings
Non Members- billed at $245.00 per hour.
After Hours/Premium Pay: CEA offers members and non-members assistance during normal business hours. Work performed Monday through Friday before 8:00am and after 5:00 pm and/or weekends, will be subject to an additional charge of $250.00.
RUSH Premium -Premium for any Hearings or Representation scheduled with less than 7 day notice. $500 for CEA members, $750 for non members.
Travel Time: One hour of travel time will be billed for each requested or scheduled visit to a members’ location (or other designated location for hearings, trainings, etc) at the same rate as excess hours.
Cancellation Fee: A minimum 2 hour cancellation fee will apply when a training and/or consultation is cancelled with less than 24 hours notice.
Members receive Professional Edge services at discounted rates.
Additional Services not eligible for bank hours are:
- Affirmative Action
- Recruiting services
- Leadership Development Courses
- Compensation Services/Surveys