Mandatory Poster Update! The EDD released this new, mandatory posting on July 3, 2018 although the revision date is May 2018. Print the English version and the Spanish version here, then post it next to your 2018 Labor Law Poster. If you don't have a current 2018 poster, click here.
Non-Mandatory Poster Update. The DFEH made a non-mandatory update to the "California Law Prohibits Workplace Discrimination and Harassment" poster. Print the English version here or visit the DFEH web site for additional languages of this Employment Discrimination poster.
FCRA Notice of Consumer Rights Updated
Is Your Heat Illness Prevention Program Up to Date?
- All Employers with 10 or more Employees must have a written plan
- Employers must provide employees with a copy of their IIPP within 10 days of request NEW for 2018
- Create your own with this e-tool or work with our partner, Boretti, Inc.
Workforce Investment Boards
For over a decade, CEA has partnered with numerous Workforce Investment Boards throughout the State providing occupational training, job seeker bootcamps and career forums. To see our involvement, click here.
The strategies and vision of the California Workforce Investment Boards are carried out through a network of One-Stop Career Centers which offer businesses, job seekers and youth with innovative employment and training services. More information is available through America's Job Centers (One Stop Career Centers).
San Francisco Requirements
- Health Care Security Ordinance 2018 Rates Available!
- Paid Parental Leave Ordinance Applies to Employers with 20 or more employees eff. January 1, 2018
- Paid Sick Leave Ordinance
- San Francisco "Ban the Box" posting.
- Fair Chance Ordinance (Ban the Box) posting Updated October 1, 2018
- San Francisco Family Friendly Workplace Ordinance posting
- San Francisco Minimum Wage Ordinance
- What's Different About San Francisco Laws? - White Paper Updated for 2018
Los Angeles Requirements
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Earned Income Credit (EIC) notice and instructions: Download Notice 797.
- IRS Form W-11: Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment (HIRE) Act Employee Affidavit
- IRS Form 941- Quarterly Return
- FEMA website offers free information on Disaster Planning for Businesses. FEMA also has free software for building a business continuity plan.
- Form I-9 - U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
- E-Verify program.
- Social Security Number Verification - This service allows employers to match an employee's social security number and name with Social Secuirty records. Verification can be done only after the individual has been hired.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission - EEO 1 report and instructions: All employers with 15 or more employees are covered by Public Law 88-352 and are required to keep employment records as specified by Commission regulations. For the instruction booklet, click here. For a sample form click here.
California Government Forms
- Pregnancy Poster: Your Rights and Obligations as a Pregnant Employee - Required when an employee informs you of their pregnancy.
- March 1, 2017 Bathroom Signage Requirements
- CA Child Labor Law Pamphlet - When hiring anyone under the age of 18, you need to be sure you understand California’s Child Labor Laws. Different ages mean different working hours and requirements.
- Employment of Minors Summary Chart
- IWC -Industrial Welfare Commission - For a free download of the industrial or occupational wage orders for your business.
- EDD - California Employee's State Tax Withholding
- Employment Determination Guide
This worksheet is to be used by the proprietor of a business to determine whether a worker is an independent contractor or an employee.
- Department of Fair Employment & Housing (DFEH) posters, brochures and fact sheets.
- Paid Family Leave FAQs
- DFEH 185 - Sexual Harassment Pamphlet - Required upon hire
- DFEH - Workplace Rights for Member of the Military & Veterans
- DFEH- Transgender Rights in the Workplace - English Required eff. January 1, 2018
- DFEH - California Family Rights Act Brochure - English or Spanish
Notice of Rights of Victims of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking -
Employment Development Department (Unemployment, SDI, Workers Compensation)
- EDD Requires Electronic Filing Required for all employers eff. January 1, 2018
- Employers are required to provide Workers’ Compensation pre-designation forms to new hires.
- EDD - Report of New Employee(s) (DE 34)
- EDD - For Your Benefit (DE2320) - Required upon hire and termination.
- EDD - Paid Family Leave (DE2511) - Required upon hire and when a need for leave arises.
- EDD - Forms & Publications to Download
- EDD - Disability Insurance Pamphlet (DE 2515) - Required upon hire and when a need for leave arises.
- DWC 1 Form - Workers' Compensation
- Helping Injured Employees Return to Work: Practical Guidance Under Workers' Compensation
- Best Practices in Returning an Injured Employee to Work - Fact Sheet
- California and U.S. Unemployment Rates
- EDD Benefit Determination Guide
- Workers Compensation Employers Guide - Click on the link for several free downloadable fact sheets put out by the California Division of Worker's Compensation.
- Workers' Compensation Pamphlets - This pamphlet must be given to all new hired employees. CWCI sells these in packs of 100 only, for $21.00. They are however, included in CEA's New Hire packets. Or if you would like to download the .pdf version, click here.
Health Care, Safety, and Substance Abuse
- COBRA Notices -The Department of Labor provides information relating to COBRA and the COBRA subsidy under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), and additional guidance in the form of FAQs for employers and employees.
- HIPP (Health Insurance Premium Payment Program) For a free download of the HIPP information from the State of California Department of Health Services, or to find out if your employee qualifies for the program, click on this link for more information.
- Heat Illness Resources from DIR
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) - Use this website to identify your Standard Industrial Classification Code (SIC) or many other OSHA topics.
- OSHA 300 Log -Free download of the current OSHA 300 log. OSHA website for more publications and information. Download the form (excel).
- CalOSHA information from the California Department of Industrial Relations.