FCRA Notice of Consumer Rights Updated
California Paid Sick Leave Laws - Resource Guide (Fox Rothschild)
Frequently Requested Forms
Minimum Wage & Paid Sick Leave (Local and State) - Fact Sheet Feb. 2019
San Francisco Requirements
- Health Care Security Ordinance 2019 Rates Available!
- Paid Parental Leave Ordinance
- Paid Sick Leave Ordinance
- Fair Chance Ordinance (Ban the Box) posting Updated October 1, 2018
- San Francisco Family Friendly Workplace Ordinance posting
- San Francisco Minimum Wage Ordinance
- What's Different About San Francisco - White Paper (2019)
Los Angeles Requirements
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Earned Income Credit (EIC) notice and instructions: Download Notice 797.
- IRS Form W-11: Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment (HIRE) Act Employee Affidavit
- IRS Form 941- Quarterly Return
- FEMA website offers free information on Disaster Planning for Businesses. FEMA also has free software for building a business continuity plan.
- Form I-9 - U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
- E-Verify program.
- Social Security Number Verification - This service allows employers to match an employee's social security number and name with Social Secuirty records. Verification can be done only after the individual has been hired.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission - EEO 1 report and instructions: All employers with 15 or more employees are covered by Public Law 88-352 and are required to keep employment records as specified by Commission regulations. For the instruction booklet, click here. For a sample form click here.
California Government Forms
- Pregnancy Poster: Your Rights and Obligations as a Pregnant Employee - Required when an employee informs you of their pregnancy.
- March 1, 2017 Bathroom Signage Requirements
- CA Child Labor Law Pamphlet - When hiring anyone under the age of 18, you need to be sure you understand California’s Child Labor Laws. Different ages mean different working hours and requirements.
- Employment of Minors Summary Chart
- IWC -Industrial Welfare Commission - For a free download of the industrial or occupational wage orders for your business.
- Department of Fair Employment & Housing (DFEH) posters, brochures and fact sheets.
- Paid Family Leave FAQs
- DFEH 185 - Sexual Harassment Pamphlet - Required upon hire
- DFEH - Workplace Rights for Member of the Military & Veterans
- DFEH- Transgender Rights in the Workplace - English Required since January 1, 2018
- DFEH - California Family Rights Act Brochure - English or Spanish
- Immigration Inspection Required Notice (AB 450)
Notice of Rights of Victims of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking -
Employment Development Department (Unemployment, SDI, Workers Compensation)
- EDD Requires Electronic Filing
- Employers are required to provide Workers’ Compensation pre-designation forms to new hires.
- EDD - Employee State Tax Withholding (DE 4)
- EDD - Report of New Employee(s) (DE 34)
- EDD - Employment Determination Guide (DE 38)
- EDD - For Your Benefit (DE2320) - Required upon hire and termination.
- EDD - Paid Family Leave (DE2511) - Required upon hire and when a need for leave arises.
- EDD - Forms & Publications to Download
- EDD - Disability Insurance Pamphlet (DE 2515) - Required upon hire and when a need for leave arises.
- DWC 1 Form - Workers' Compensation
- Helping Injured Employees Return to Work: Practical Guidance Under Workers' Compensation
- Best Practices in Returning an Injured Employee to Work - Fact Sheet
- California and U.S. Unemployment Rates
- EDD Benefit Determination Guide
- Workers Compensation Employers Guide - Click here for several free downloadable fact sheets put out by the California Division of Worker's Compensation.
- Workers' Compensation Pamphlets - This pamphlet must be given to all new hired employees. CWCI sells these in packs of 100 only, for $20.00. They are however, included in CEA's New Hire packets. Or if you would like to download the .pdf version, click here.
Health Care, Safety, and Substance Abuse
- COBRA Notices -The Department of Labor provides information relating to COBRA and the COBRA subsidy under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), and additional guidance in the form of FAQs for employers and employees.
- HIPP (Health Insurance Premium Payment Program) For a free download of the HIPP information from the State of California Department of Health Services, or to find out if your employee qualifies for the program, click on this link for more information.
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) - Use this website to identify your Standard Industrial Classification Code (SIC) or many other OSHA topics.
- OSHA 300 Log -Free download of the current OSHA 300 log. OSHA website for more publications and information. Download the form (excel).
- CalOSHA information from the California Department of Industrial Relations.
- Heat Illness Resources from DIR
Workforce Investment Boards
For over a decade, CEA has partnered with numerous Workforce Investment Boards throughout the State providing occupational training, job seeker bootcamps and career forums. To see our involvement, click here.
The strategies and vision of the California Workforce Investment Boards are carried out through a network of One-Stop Career Centers which offer businesses, job seekers and youth with innovative employment and training services. More information is available through America's Job Centers (One Stop Career Centers).