What's Different in California?
Many employers are physically located in other states but have employees who work in California. Legal requirements in California prevail over other state laws and in many cases supersede federal laws. California regulations are subject to enforcement by up to six different state regulatory agencies, in comparison other states are usually subject to only two or three. This training covers some of the topics that impact California employers the most such as:
- Compliant hiring practices—ban the box, salary history limitations, and more
- Wage and hour issues—daily and weekly overtime, meal and rest breaks, independent contractors, and 25+ local minimum wages across the state
- Leave laws—more than 20 different leave laws providing job protection and more including mandatory paid sick leave
- Harassment prevention—mandatory policy and training requirements
- Termination process—final paycheck and costly penalties
Approved for 1 HRCI Credit.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s (HRCI) criteria for recertification pre-approval.
Approved for 1 SHRM Credit.
CEA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.