Wage & Hour
California’s Minimum wage increased this year. Join CEA for this update to make sure you meet all of the new Federal and California wage and hour laws. Many cities have higher minimum wage requirements than our state requirement. Make sure you are paying your employees properly and classifying them accurately. We will review the current laws and updates applicable to:
- Travel time, make-up time, meal and rest periods
- Rules for hourly, salary, and piece-rate pay
- Bonuses, profit-sharing plans, and tips
- Overtime and double-time wages
- Alternative work weeks
- Tools and equipment, uniforms, and work-related losses
- Vacation, PTO, holidays, and sick leave
Approved for 1 HRCI Credit.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s (HRCI) criteria for recertification pre-approval.
Approved for 1 SHRM Credit.
CEA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
CEA Members, you must log in to receive the Members Only price.