HR 101: 3 Part Series
Join us for this 3 part series on HR 101.
Purchase all 3 together for a discount. Below are the topics, dates and times.
HR 101 A: Hiring & Developing Great Employees
Harvard University wrote a book titled Hiring and Keeping the Best People, which talks about the cost of poor hiring practices. The Business Essentials book stated that bad hiring brings down performance and can be painfully costly in the long run. "Painfully costly" is defined as 24 times the base compensation of the poorly hired person. Can you afford it? CEA’s hiring system will help businesses and HR professionals avoid costly hiring mistakes.
- Know what you need to hire
- Reduce time spent writing job ads and descriptions
- Discover where applicants are and what to pay them
- See the critical hiring steps between accepting an application to the 1st day of work
- Unlock the recruiter’s toolkit for quality hires and fit
- Develop legally defensible behavioral interview questions targeting proven performer’s skills
- Uncover hidden tips, tools, and tricks for effectively managing on-the-job (OJT)
HR 101 B: Leaves of Absence
How many different leaves of absence might a California Employer have to grant? Depending on the number of employees a company has, they may have to grant up to 19 different leave laws! It’s important to know about pregnancy disability leave and family medical leave laws, but there are so many others that employers need to understand. We’ll cover them all and provide you with a CA Leave Law Cheat Sheet to refer to in the future.
- All of the leave and time off laws governing California employers (PDL, FMLA, CFRA, Military Leave, Jury Duty, Domestic Violence, Volunteer, School Suspension, Time off to Vote, WC, Kin Care, Drug and Alcohol, and more...)
- Who is eligible
- Employee’s rights under the law
- Notice requirements
- Effects on PTO, vacation, sick, and wages
HR 101 C: Terminations
An employee can leave a company for a variety of reasons. Some are pleasant and some are not. In this webinar, we will cover the essentials of all terminations—thorough record keeping as well as a solid process and policy structure to help minimize legal liability.
- What does it mean to fire someone?
- Unemployment Insurance benefits
- Proper paperwork—what you do and do not want in an employee termination packet
CEA Members, you must log in to receive the Members Only price.