California Employers Association can help your business with the design, documentation, implementation, and update of your Affirmative Action Plan (AAP).
ARE YOU AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER? You are an Affirmative Action Employer if you have:
- Have 50 or more employees and Federal contracts worth $50,000 or more
- OR are a construction contractor or subcontractor with a federal or federally assisted contract valued at $50,000 or more
- A financial institution (banks, credit unions, mortgage lenders, etc.) with 50 or more employees
- A hospital or a health care organization with 50 or more employees
If you are an Affirmative Action Employer:
You may be covered by Executive Order 11246, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Vietnam-Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act and Jobs for Veterans Act. This requires you to have a written Affirmative Action Plan according to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP.) You may also be subject to “EO surveys” from the government, compliance checks, compliance reviews (at your workplace), and “glass ceiling” audits at your corporate office.
CEA Can Help!
CEA can assist your department with a complete written plan including, narrative, workforce and job group analysis, availability and utilization analysis, and adverse impact analysis. Staff members can also aid in compensation analyses as well as compliance reviews and checks. We have a compliance assessment to assist HR professionals perform mock audits and make recommendations to individual companies in preparation for OFCCP desk audits.
What is included in Affirmative Action Plans from CEA?
The Affirmative Action Plan will include the following deliverables:
Narratives for Women and Minorities, which will comply with (41 CFR 60-2.17) of Executive Order 11246. We will assist and pinpoint specific areas where goals are required.
Statistical reports to maintain compliance with Executive Order 11246 [41 CFR 2-11, 12, 13, 14, 15,16 and 17 (b) and (d)]:
- Organizational Profile; Workforce Analysis
- Identification/Assignment of Census Occupation Codes
- Identification of Job Groups and the Creation of Job Group Reports
- Assignment of Labor Areas and Weights
- Identification of Feeder Jobs and Internal Lines of Progression
- Availability Analysis
- Incumbency vs. Estimated Availability
- Placement Goals
Narratives that comply with Part 60-741 Disabled and Part 60-250 Veterans and Veterans of the Vietnam Era all inclusive of Executive Order 11246.
- Adverse Impact Analysis CFR 60-2.17 (b) and (d)
- Compensation Analysis CFR 60-2.17 (b) and (d)
- Checklist for the AA Program
Executive summary to report the effectiveness of the firm’s Affirmative Action Program. (Performance Measurement Plan)
Advisement on applicants tracking system
Assessment and advisement on selection practices and procedures within the associated regulations and codes