The DLSE has posted the revised Wage Theft Protection Act Notice -2810.5 template to include information regarding Paid Sick Leave. It can be found by clicking here.
Also the new Paid Sick Days posting is available here.
Paid family leave to care for a seriously ill “family member” now includes a grandparent, grandchild, sibling or parent-in-law. Employers are required to provide this pamphlet to new hires and when employeestake a leave of absence for a covered reason. Family Leave Pamphlet
Free online training: AB 1234 Ethics Training for Local Officials
AB 1234 requires that if a local agency provides any type of compensation, salary, or stipend to, or reimburses the expenses of a member of its 'legislative body', that local agency's officials must receive training in ethics.
Hire/Termination Form Requirements FACT SHEET - This fact sheets lists all the required forms needed when hiring or terminating an employee.
San Francisco Employment Law Postings
- San Francisco Family Friendly Workplace Ordinance posting- free download
- San Francisco Minimum Wage Ordinance
- Health Care Security Ordinance
- Paid Sick Leave Ordinance
- San Jose Minimum Wage Ordinance
- Oakland Minimum Wage Ordinance - coming soon
Federal Government Forms
- Employment Determination Guide
This worksheet is to be used by the proprietor of a business to determine whether a worker is an independent contractor or an employee.
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
Summary of your FCRA Rights
Notice and obligation to users of Consumer Reports under FCRA
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- W4 forms, or many other IRS forms.
- Earned Income Credit (EIC) notice and instructions: Download Notice 797.
- IRS Form W-11: Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment (HIRE) Act Employee Affidavit
- Draft Form 941- Quarterly Return
- FEMA website offers free information on Disaster Planing for Businesses. FEMA also has free software for building a business continuity plan.
- I-9 Form - U.S. Citzenship & Immigration
- For more information about how to file an I-9 Form, click here.
- The U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service (USCIS) created a new Form I-9 Employee Information Sheet that employers can choose (but is not mandatory) to make available to new employees. The form is intended to respond to common questions and prepare new employees to fill-in Section One of the Form I-9.
- I-9 Handbook.
- E-Verify program.
- Social Security Number Verification - This service allows employers to match an employee's social security number and name with Social Secuirty records. Verification can be done only after the individual has been hired.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission - EEO 1 report and instructions: All employers with 15 or more employees are covered by Public Law 88-352 and are required to keep employment records as specified by Commission regulations. For the instruction booklet, click here. For a sample form click here.
California Government Forms
- CA Child Labor Law Pamphlet - When hiring anyone under the age of 18, you need to be sure you understand California’s Child Labor Laws. Different ages mean different working hours and requirements.
- IWC -Industrial Welfare Commission - For a free download of the industrial or occupational wage orders for your business.
- Department of Fair Employment & Housing (DFEH) forms.
- DFEH Notice A - Your Rights and Obligations as a Pregnant Employee (for employers with less than 50 employees)
- DFEH Notice B - Family Care and Medical Leave and Pregnancy Disability Leave (for employers with 50 or more employees)
- SDI Brochures
Download the SDI brochure (DE2515) by clicking on this link.
Unemployment, Workers Compensation, and Welfare
- Employers are required to provide new Workers’ Compensation pre-designation forms to new hires.
- EDD - Independent Contractor Determination Guide - This worksheet is to be used by the proprietor of a business to determine whether a worker is an employee or an independent contractor.
- EDD- For Your Benefit (DE2320)
- EDD- Paid Family Leave (DE2511)
- EDD - Forms & Publications to Download
- EDD - Forms to Order - Order the various EDD forms such as the new Paid Family Leave (PDL), State Disability Insurance (SDI)
- Helping Injured Employees Return to Work: Practical Guidance Under Workers' Compensation
- Best Practices in Returning an Injured Employee to Work
- California and U.S. Unemployment Rates
- EDD Benefit Determination Guide
- Workers Compensation Employers Guide - Click on the link for several free downloadable fact sheets put out by the California Division of Worker's Compensation.
- Workers' Compensation Pamphlets - This pamphlet must be given to all new hired employees. CWCI sells these in packs of 100 only, for $21.00. They are however, included in CEA's New Hire packets.
Health Care, Safety, and Substance Abuse
- COBRA Notices -The Department of Labor has issued model notices for the COBRA subsidy under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), and additional guidance in the form of FAQs for employers and employees. The four ARRA model notices and related guidance may be found by clicking here.
- HIPP (Health Insurance Premium Payment Program) For a free download of the HIPP information from the State of California Department of Health Services, or to find out if your employee qualifies for the program, click on this link for more information.
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) - Use this website to identify your Standard Industrial Classification Code (SIC) or many other OSHA topics.
- OSHA 300 Log -Free download of the current OSHA 300 log. OSHA website for more publications and information. Download the form (excel).
- Working Partners Website (Drug Free Workplace) - The Department of Labor is trying to help businesses create a drug-free workforce by providing tools and information to effectively address drug and alcohol problems. Resources are available to help employers establish drug-free workplace programs, while complementing other safety and health initiatives.